The Best Instagram Bots of 2020
Author: Nate Anderson
Last Updated: August, 2020
Instagram has grown to one of the most popular social media platforms. The potential growth you can achieve with Insta is beyond crazy. But with millions of other users to compete with, it’s no surprise that people and businesses are looking for ways to streamline their Instagram marketing activities and make the most of their efforts.
One way to do this is to use Instagram bots and Instagram automation services.
While some people might be able to take the time to go through lists of comments, like posts, and follow other relevant profiles, the reality is that most of us really don’t have the time to do this at scale.
This is where bots come in, they can do the liking, following, commenting, and more, saving us a LOT of time. Where do you start though, with so many different options available?
To help you out and get you going, here is a breakdown of some of the most popular Instagram bots and growth marketing services currently available:
6 Best Instagram Bots 2020 – Reviews
Ingramer is hands down our favorite at the moment. One of the major reasons we love them is their ability to mimic how humans use Instagram. The bot will regularly just rest for a random amount of time, do something, just like normal people don’t constantly like and comment on other people’s posts… we have to sleep too.
They’ve also implemented hard limits to keep your account safe at all times.
Their plans start at $57/mo.
- All the features you need!
- Analytics everywhere, so you know what the bot is doing and what the exact impact is on your account.
- User-friendly UI and easy setup.
- Advanced targeting
- Flexible pricing plans
- Complete control over every feature and filter
- Smart unfollow feature to keep you feed super clean
We’ve put Instazood as #2 just because they’ve been in the game for quite some time now, and are still going strong. They also offer not just a bot, but you can also buy likes and views, and they have a post manager too in case you need one.
The bot itself is packed with a massive amount of features like blacklists, the ability to only engage with really specific accounts. For example: You can filter out the business accounts, pick a gender, skip private users, and so much more.
It’s pretty involved and might take some setting up to get everything right (which doesn’t appeal to everyone as I know some people that turned away from it because of it not working out for them), but the customization options are impressive!
As for pricing, they split up the bot services in different packages you can buy. If you want all the features, it’ll be around $50/mo.
- A LOT of filter options for targeting your market
- Offers posting manager, like, views, and other services too
- Very sleek and easy to use back-end.
- Easy monitoring of your click-through-rate and conversion rate.
- Advanced targeting features with a variety of filters to tweak
- Good support
- Bit of a learning curve.
Social Steeze is another service that technically falls under the term “bot” but offers more of an organic growth service. As opposed to other bots, Social Steeze assigns an account manager to you and you really don’t have to do much at all except post!
With no complicated dashboards, you don’t have to try and figure anything out yourself. If you’d like to find out more about how your account is doing, you can request a detailed report.
The only thing you do have to think about is who you want to target, which includes hashtags, usernames and location. You can also choose to limit who you engage with by creating a blacklist of unwanted usernames.
- Case Manager who works closely with you to grow your profile. This means you don’t have to do the work but you still have control of what’s happening on your profile.
- Audience targeting: using cutting-edge technology Social Steeze targets your ideal audience using hashtags, which help you focus on your niche. You can even drill down into specifics like gender and location.
- Weekly progress reports: stay in touch with what is happening on your profile with weekly activity updates, which help you see how your brand is growing and evolving.
- Focused audience targeting: by getting granular with specific targets like competitor usernames, Social Steeze helps you grow sustainable by targeting people who are already a part of your niche and will be likely to follow you
- Case Manager: since your growth is being managed by an actual person, you don’t have to worry about things getting out of control, and drawing unnecessary attention to yourself with superhuman bot activity.
- It’s more expensive than a bot since you’ll be paying for someone to manage your account
An option that fits neatly with the description of “bot”, Follow Adder helps users to grow their profile by automating the process of liking, commenting, and following your target audience. In addition to this, Follow Adder has the ability to also automate engagement with people who are following profiles similar to yours.
This widens your pool of engagement considerably because people who follow other profiles in the same industry are very likely to follow you back too. With Follow Adder, you also have the advantage of a powerful search tool. This allows you to search for profiles using highly targeted keywords.
Follow Adder can also run Instagram contests on your behalf which is a very convenient and powerful way to grow your online presence. As you’re able to schedule posts with this bot, it is also a very useful application to use in growing your brand on Instagram.
Plus it can be used on YouTube too which can help to further grow your profile.
- Delayed scheduling: with the ability to manage the timing of your scheduling, you can make your posts look more organic as all posts won’t be scheduled at the exact time every day
- Accessible dashboard: with Follow Adder, you can manually check what is happening on your profile yourself and keep track of all activity. So even though you’re using a bot, you maintain full control
- Works across operating systems, including Mac, Windows and Linux
- Proxy support
- Comprehensive functionality, including automated video and photo commenting and liking, robust search and list exports
- Ability to manage multiple accounts
- Hands-on management: you can rest assured that all activity is under your control
- 7-day money back guarantee
- You’ll need to download software to your computer, which means that it requires a bit more effort to manage
Jarvee is an application that defines itself as a social media scheduler but also offers the kind of bot functionality that can help to grow your Instagram account. So while it doesn’t define itself as a bot per se, it provides a similar kind of growth service.
By finding people in your niche who are very likely to follow you back, with Jarvee, you’re well-positioned to grow your followers in an organic and sustainable way. So in addition to being a social media scheduler, you can also use the platform to target a specific audience.
A huge advantage of this platform is that it can also be used across other social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Post scheduler: allows you to automate all the posting on your account which saves considerable time and energy
- Scraping Tool: allows you to find relevant user-profiles and details that are relevant to your account
- Progress Reports: stay in touch with what is going on with your account with consistent updates
- The platform is versatile and is able to work across multiple platforms. This is great if you use more channels than Instagram to market your brand and/or services
- Jarvee allows you to automate all of your scheduling which saves you time
- Focused niche targeting: by targeting users who are already in your industry, you’re able to grow your account in a sustainable way
- Jarvee has unique features that are specifically designed for Instagram. Additionally, with the ability to work across platforms, they clearly have a solid understanding of online marketing
- You need to download the software from the internet, which comes with security issues
- The software is Windows-based, which means you need to run it constantly on your desktop to make sure it works efficiently
Their support stopped responding to tickets, we don’t recommend them anymore. At $39 per month, the value Social Captain offers is very impressive. Some of the stand-out features of the platform include being able to show you how well your targets are converting (which gives you the opportunity to constantly iterate and improve), a crazy variety of targeting options like post types to interact with, post age limits, gender filter, toggles for excluding interactions with people you already follow to increase efficiency, hashtags, username targeting, and much more.
It also has something they call AI optimization, which means that making constant improvements is actually built into the system and that the platform is consistently working to target your preferred audience more precisely.
Trying to figure out who your target audience is can be tough, so a platform like Social Captain makes it so much easier to consolidate your efforts. The user interface is very well-designed with graphs and stats that give you a good overview of your growth progress.
- Easy to use platform
- Target driven conversion tracking
- The Social Captain platform will automatically regulates your interaction speed, so you’ll be operating safely within Instagrams’ limits
- Value for money
- Free VPN setup which ensures that you’re operating securely
- Simple UX and user-interface, which means you can easily get an insight into your account at anytime
- Fast responding support
- A LOT of targeting options to find the perfect audience
- Pretty much stopped working it seems
How To Find a Great Instagram Bot
What Can Bots Automate?
The term “bots” really just refers to a computer program that has been designed to complete a certain task, usually through automation. In this case, it is usually to automate certain activities that might be very time consuming or complex. So really, these automation tools can be designed to automate anything.
When it comes to Instagram, bots can automate a lot of manual tasks on the platform which takes up a lot of time. To grow a business on Instagram, you need to pay attention to growing Instagram followers by following other profiles, leaving comments, doing direct messages, and liking other posts.
Since Instagram has millions of users, there is more content to go through than any person could ever realistically look at, with more content being produced every second of every day. So in short, Instagram bots can automate all of the manual tasks on Instagram that you don’t have the time for.
This way you can accelerate the growth of your following, and increase engagement.
PS: While you can also automate post scheduling, this is not the focus of this guide.
Features To Look Out For When Choosing A Bot
While the concept of a bot is quite simple, how it plays out in practice can be quite complex. As a result, there are a variety of different companies that can implement these bots for you since it’s not something that the average person can easily manage or develop by themselves.
Each of these companies might offer the same types of services to increase your Instagram followers, but there are extra features to look out for that could drastically improve your experience of using an Instagram bot. We considered the following features while writing our Instagram bot reviews.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
The first thing to do when searching for the best Instagram bot is to ensure that the service provider includes a VPN for your safety. This is because Instagram does monitor usage and IP addresses. So, if there is too much activity coming from one IP address, your account might get flagged.
For example, if you’re using a marketing agency to manage your bot implementation, Instagram will soon see that there is a lot of activity coming from the same IP address i.e. a marketing agency’s computer managing several accounts. By using a VPN, you can protect your data and make sure that your account doesn’t raise any suspicion by being associated with an IP address that is driving an abundance of activity.
Automated Activity Speeds
In relation to the above, you should also make sure that your service provider automates activity speeds so that they don’t go over Instagram’s limits. Once again, Instagram monitors activity to prevent people from abusing the system.
Because of this, it’s important that the bots you use are designed to keep you within a reasonable scope of interactions i.e. likes, comments and follows. By setting daily and hourly limits, you’ll, therefore, be assured of not going overboard or drawing any attention to your account.
Avoiding And Ignoring Low-Quality Accounts
To make sure you’re growing your profile sustainably, also make sure that your bot is using targeting options like hashtags, locations and usernames. This way you can avoid following low-quality accounts which are often just other bot accounts and won’t add any value to the growth of your profile.
Remember, the bots you use need to be monitored consistently to make sure they’re not doing anything untoward, as unfortunately, bots have no regard for context! That being said, the top Insta bots around do include a simple toggle to filter out low-quality Instagram users.
Reliable Customer Support
If you’re going to be using any growth management service or bot, you’ll need to make sure that you’re using a reputable bot or company that you can contact with any queries. Not only that but they will need to be responsive too should any issues arise. This is important to ensure the longevity of your brand and nurture a good reputation.
Managed Versus Self-Run Accounts
While some of the bots and services detailed above provide a personalized and managed service, if you choose to use certain downloadable bot software, you will need to take responsibility for managing the performance of the bot yourself. If this is the case, be sure to check your Instagram accounts regularly for possible issues!
Whether or not you’re willing to take this on is up to you, but be aware that while self-run bots are less expensive than managed services, you will need to be more hands-on when it comes to managing them. Also, you’ll often need to run them constantly on your desktop to make sure they function effectively.
What Are Instagram’s Daily And Hourly Limits?
No one really knows what the exact limits are as it’s proprietary information. But people who have been marketing Instagram profiles for a long time have a pretty good idea about what kind of activity you can safely manage in a day without being flagged. Essentially, a bot can be programmed to do things that aren’t humanly possible.
So essentially, anything that the average person couldn’t possibly manage could be considered off limits. As Instagram works algorithmically, the daily and hourly limits also vary depending on the age of your Instagram account, your activity and number of followers. Basically, Instagram’s monitoring system is designed to penalise those that grow their account extremely quickly, favouring those who grow more sustainably to avoid profiles that don’t add any value.
What Is A Shadowban?
There has been a lot of controversy and misinformation surrounding Instagram’s shadowban, and once again, no one knows exactly how it works.
However, from experience, marketers have established that using spammy or blatantly salesy hashtags will cause you to get shadowbanned. This means that your followers will still see your posts, but posts will be blocked from being found by other people who don’t already follow you.
It goes without saying that this drastically limits engagement. It can be a bit tricky to test whether or not you’ve been shadowbanned, but you can ask someone who isn’t following you to search for you in the hashtag section. You would then post your content using your regular hashtags, and if that person can see your content by searching the relevant hashtags, you are still good to go.
What Does A Bot Actually Do?
Bots, in general, are applications that are designed to complete certain tasks. In the case of Instagram, you can program a bot to like posts, follow relevant profiles, and leave comments. While not technically considered as bots, Instagram growth marketing services can also be used to grow your following.
Both bots and growth marketing services are very helpful for those who are looking to grow their business quickly. This is because bots and online systems don’t have the same limitations that people do, and can complete a significantly higher number of tasks in a given time.
With this ability, they can get your profile seen by more people, more quickly. Ultimately, this increases your growth and engagement potential.
Is Using A Bot Going To Get Me Flagged?
This is something we looked into heavily when we were writing our Instagram bot reviews. The truth is that any kind of activity that goes against Instagram’s terms and conditions can get you flagged. Many people are scared to use bots because a lot of companies have been shut down. However, if you’re using a reputable provider and aren’t maliciously trying to cheat the system too hard, you shouldn’t have a problem.
We recommend not going with the usual follow unfollow strategy, but rather focus on only liking Insta posts and nothing more. So no following or commenting! Use the bots’ targeting features to target your target market as best as possible, using hashtags, and the followers of Influencers in your industry.
Then start slow, and ramp it up over time. More advanced bots like Ingramer have extra neat targeting features like ignoring people you already follow, or specific genders. You can also set a max post age, so the bot will only like posts that are no older than 1 week for example.
Hope this guide helped you out! Now get out there and become a social media marketing expert 🙂