Best Instagram Bot - Reviews
Instagram is one of the most popular online marketing applications today. With millions of other users to compete with, it’s no surprise that people and businesses are looking for ways to streamline their marketing activities and make the most of their efforts on the platform.
One way to do this is to use Instagram bots and Instagram growth marketing services.
While some people might be able to take the time to go through lists of comments, like posts, and follow other relevant profiles, the reality is that most of us really don’t have the time to do this at scale.
Therefore, using the technology to help you, makes marketing on your Instagram profile less time consuming and more efficient. Where do you start though with so many different options available?
To help you out and get you going here is a breakdown of some of the most popular Instagram bots and growth marketing services currently available:
7 Best Instagram Bots – Reviews 2019
At $39 per month, Social Captain is seen as one of the best value automators on the market and offers a variety of cutting-edge functionality. Some of the stand out features of the platform include being able to show you how well your targets are converting, which gives you the opportunity to constantly iterate and improve. If this wasn’t enough, Social Captain also offers AI-optimization.
This means that making constant improvements is actually built into the system and that the platform is consistently working to target your preferred audience more precisely.
Trying to figure out who your target audience is can be tough, so a platform like Social Captain makes it so much easier to consolidate your efforts. With a desktop app, you can also take the time to sit down and go through all of your metrics on your computer with a user-friendly interface.
You also get personalized recommendations and growth estimates which further helps you to grow your brand or profile, plus the support of a customer service team that is known for its fast response time. As Social Captain also automatically sets limits for the amount of Instagram interactions that can take place, you can rest assured that you’re safely growing your account and that you won’t get flagged.
- Easy to use platform
- Target driven conversion tracking
- The Social Captain platform will automatically regulate your interaction speed, so you’ll be operating safely within Instagram’s limits
- Value for money (the costing is very competitive with regards to similar offerings)
- Free VPN setup which ensures that you’re operating securely
- Simple UX and user-interface, which means you can easily get an insight into your account at anytime
- Fast responding customer service team which is important when the reputation of your brand is at stake
- Desktop app for Windows, iOS and Linux
Social Steeze is another service that technically falls under the term “bot” but offers more of an organic growth service. As opposed to other bots, Social Steeze assigns an account manager to you and you really don’t have to do much at all except post!
With no complicated dashboards, you don’t have to try and figure anything out yourself. If you’d like to find out more about how your account is doing, you can request a detailed report.
The only thing you do have to think about is who you want to target, which includes hashtags, usernames and location. You can also choose to limit who you engage with by creating a blacklist of unwanted usernames.
- Case Manager who works closely with you to grow your profile. This means you don’t have to do the work but you still have control of what’s happening on your profile.
- Audience targeting: using cutting-edge technology Social Steeze targets your ideal audience using hashtags, which help you focus on your niche. You can even drill down into specifics like gender and location.
- Weekly progress reports: stay in touch with what is happening on your profile with weekly activity updates, which help you see how your brand is growing and evolving.
- Focused audience targeting: by getting granular with specific targets like competitor usernames, Social Steeze helps you grow sustainable by targeting people who are already a part of your niche and will be likely to follow you
- Case Manager: since your growth is being managed by an actual person, you don’t have to worry about things getting out of control, and drawing unnecessary attention to yourself with superhuman bot activity.
- It’s more expensive than a bot since you’ll be paying for someone to manage your account
3. Magic Social
As with many other similar growth marketing services, Magic Social can do everything a bot can do, but within the confines of what’s permissible by Instagram.
Like Social Captain and Social Steeze, when you sign up with Magic Social, you’ll be assigned a growth manager who will be in charge of your account and responsible for the growth of your profile.
In growing your following, Magic Social will only get you real followers. So, there is no need to worry about racking up fake followers that won’t add any value to your account. Since a real person will be managing your activity, you’re also guaranteed a secure and safe experience as this is something these kinds of services take very seriously (otherwise they wouldn’t be in business!).
- Audience Targeting: using smart filters, Magic Social targets your desired users with custom settings and filters like location, username and location, which all form part of a comprehensive marketing strategy.
- 24/7 growth: whether you’re working or sleeping, your account will be growing.
- Customer Success Management: in addition to someone managing the workings of your account, you’ll also be assigned a customer success manager, who will help to further support your business growth of Instagram.
- Magic Social is easy to set up and use
- Quick results and consistent monitoring mean that you can grow fast and sustainably
- Cross-industry applicability so no matter what business you’re in, you can use the platform
- Secure website and payment gateway which is extremely important when outsourcing the management of your account
- Upfront pricing, which means there are no hidden costs and you know what you’ll be paying from the get-go
- Reliable customer service with easy to find contact details and reviews
- Lack of FAQ page on their website, which makes it a bit more difficult to get the answers you’re looking for when choosing between different services
4. Follow Adder
An option that fits neatly with the description of “bot”, Follow Adder helps users to grow their profile by automating the process of liking, commenting, and following your target audience. In addition to this, Follow Adder has the ability to also automate engagement with people who are following profiles similar to yours.
This widens your pool of engagement considerably because people who follow other profiles in the same industry are very likely to follow you back too. With Follow Adder, you also have the advantage of a powerful search tool. This allows you to search for profiles using highly targeted keywords.
Follow Adder can also run Instagram contests on your behalf which is a very convenient and powerful way to grow your online presence. As you’re able to schedule posts with this bot, it is also a very useful application to use in growing your brand on Instagram.
Plus it can be used on YouTube too which can help to further grow your profile.
- Delayed scheduling: with the ability to manage the timing of your scheduling, you can make your posts look more organic as all posts won’t be scheduled at the exact time every day
- Accessible dashboard: with Follow Adder, you can manually check what is happening on your profile yourself and keep track of all activity. So even though you’re using a bot, you maintain full control
- Works across operating systems, including Mac, Windows and Linux
- Proxy support
- Comprehensive functionality, including automated video and photo commenting and liking, robust search and list exports
- Ability to manage multiple accounts
- Hands-on management: you can rest assured that all activity is under your control
- 7-day money back guarantee
- You’ll need to download software to your computer, which means that it requires a bit more effort to manage
Jarvee is an application that defines itself as a social media scheduler but also offers the kind of bot functionality that can help to grow your Instagram account. So while it doesn’t define itself as a bot per se, it provides a similar kind of growth service.
By finding people in your niche who are very likely to follow you back, with Jarvee, you’re well positioned to grow your followers in an organic and sustainable way. So in addition to being a social media scheduler, you can also use the platform to target a specific audience.
A huge advantage of this platform is that it can also be used across other social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Post scheduler: allows you to automate all the posting on your account which saves considerable time and energy
- Scraping Tool: allows you to find relevant user profiles and details that are relevant to your account
- Progress Reports: stay in touch with what is going on with your account with consistent updates
- The platform is versatile and is able to work across multiple platforms. This is great if you use more channels than Instagram to market your brand and/or services
- Jarvee allows you to automate all of your scheduling which saves you time
- Focused niche targeting: by targeting users who are already in your industry, you’re able to grow your account in a sustainable way
- Jarvee has unique features that are specifically designed for Instagram. Additionally, with the ability to work across platforms, they clearly have a solid understanding of online marketing
- You need to download the software from the internet, which comes with security issues
- The software is Windows-based, which means you need to run it constantly on your desktop to make sure it works efficiently
A growth marketing service and bot combined, Social Upgrade allows you to grow your Instagram following using an all-in-one interface. How it works is, once you sign up you’ll select a target audience.
Then the bot will then get to work liking 1-2 of each of your desired audience’s posts to get their attention and encourage them to follow you back and engage with your content. With an easy setup and the ability to target the same audience as your competitors, Social Upgrade, like other bots, helps you to grow your Instagram following using settings like location, username and hashtags.
Essentially, the platform works like any other growth marketing service in that it automates certain activity to help grow your profile. With a number of featured users on their front page, it is easy to see why people would go for this offering as it seems to have helped several influencers and brands expand their reach.
- Quickstart so it’s easy to set up your account and start growing your following
- Focused audience targeting which includes using custom settings to hone in relevant people in your industry
- Daily reports so you can keep in touch with what is going on with your profile and pick up on any potentially undesirable activity
- Social Upgrade asserts organic growth, with sustainable engagement and real followers
- The platform allows you to easily identify and target your audience using location, usernames, and hashtags
- With a fully-managed service, you don’t need to worry about growing your account yourself
- The service markets itself as a growth management service. However, some reviewers have criticized it for being just a bot in disguise
7. Rise Social
In line with other Instagram growth marketing services, Rise Social makes it easy to sign up for their services online. Naturally, in turn, this lessens the amount of time it takes to grow your profile. Rise Social also offers relevant targeting so you can focus on reaching your desired audience.
This includes using specific settings and filters like hashtags, usernames, gender, location and age. With weekly analytics updates, you can also keep in touch with what’s going on with your account.
This way you can grow it sustainably and safely without worrying about whether you’re going over Instagram’s daily limits or not.
- Rise Social gives weekly updates so that you can consistently learn more and strategize on the best way to grow your account
- It offers focused audience targeting using a variety of custom settings and filters
- An easy to sign up process means you can accelerate the growth of your profile without having to wait too long to see results
- The ability to opt out anytime means you won’t get locked into any contracts. This is helpful if you do decide to discontinue the service, as you won’t need to pay anything to stop
- With no downloads, the service is non-invasive and you don’t have to worry about managing anything yourself. Also, no need to worry about any security issues that come with downloading software onto your computer
- With affordable pricing and quality customer reviews, Rise Social prides itself on being one of the cheapest options in the marketplace
- The phone numbers and email contacts on their website shows that they’re a legitimate service, as no direct contact details can sometimes be an issue when it comes to reliability
- Even though they claim to be the cheapest, with such a similar service offering to several other managed growth platforms there’s nothing that obviously sets Rise Social apart from the rest
Buyer’s Guide To The Best Instagram Bot
What Can Bots Automate?
The term “bots” really just refers to a computer program that has been designed to complete a certain task. In this case, it is usually to automate certain activities that might be very time consuming or complex. So really, bots can be designed to automate anything.
When it comes to Instagram, bots can automate a lot of manual tasks on the platform which take up a lot of time. To grow a business on Instagram, you need to pay attention to growing your audience by following other profiles, leaving comments, and liking other posts.
Since Instagram has millions of users, there is more content to go through than any person could ever realistically look at, with more content being produced every second of every day. So in short, bots can automate all of the manual tasks on Instagram that you don’t have the time for.
This way you can accelerate the growth of your following, and increase engagement.
Features To Look Out For When Choosing A Bot
While the concept of a bot is quite simple, how it plays out in practice can be quite complex. As a result, there are a variety of different companies that can implement these bots for you since it’s not something that the average person can easily manage or develop by themselves.
Each of these companies might offer the same kinds of services, but there are extra features to look out for that could drastically improve your experience of using a bot.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
The first thing to do when choosing a bot is to ensure that your service provider includes a VPN for your safety. This is because Instagram does monitor usage and IP addresses. So, if there is too much activity coming from one IP address, your account might get flagged.
For example, if you’re using a marketing agency to manage your bot implementation, Instagram will soon see that there is a lot of activity coming from the same IP address i.e. a marketing agency’s computer managing several accounts. By using a VPN, you can protect your data and make sure that your account doesn’t raise any suspicion by being associated with an IP address that is driving an abundance of activity.
Automated Activity Speeds
In relation to the above, you should also make sure that your service provider automates activity speeds so that they don’t go over Instagram’s limits. Once again, Instagram monitors activity to prevent people from abusing the system.
Because of this, it’s important that the bots you use are designed to keep you within a reasonable scope of interactions i.e. likes, comments and follows. By setting daily and hourly limits, you’ll, therefore, be assured of not going overboard or drawing any attention to your account.
Avoiding And Ignoring Low-Quality Accounts
To make sure you’re growing your profile sustainably, also make sure that your bot is using targeting options like hashtags, locations and usernames. This way you can avoid following low-quality accounts which are often just other bot accounts and won’t add any value to the growth of your profile.
Remember, the bots you use need to be monitored consistently to make sure they’re not doing anything untoward, as unfortunately, bots have no regard for context!
Reliable And Trusted Customer Service
If you’re going to be using a growth management service, you’ll need to make sure that you’re using a reputable bot or company that you can contact with any queries. Not only that but they will need to be responsive too should any issues arise. This is important to ensure the longevity of your brand and nurture a good reputation.
Managed Versus Self-Run Accounts
While some of the bots and services detailed above provide a personalized and managed service, if you choose to use certain downloadable bot software, you will need to take responsibility for managing the performance of the bot yourself. If this is the case, be sure to check your account regularly!
Whether or not you’re willing to take this on is up to you, but be aware that while self-run bots are less expensive than managed services, you will need to be more hands-on when it comes to managing them. Also, you’ll often need to run them constantly on your desktop to make sure they function effectively.
What Are Instagram’s Daily And Hourly Limits?
No one really knows what the exact limits are as it’s proprietary information. But people who have been marketing Instagram profiles for a long time have a pretty good idea about what kind of activity you can safely manage in a day without being flagged. Essentially, a bot can be programmed to do things that aren’t humanly possible.
So essentially, anything that the average person couldn’t possibly manage could be considered off limits. As Instagram works algorithmically, the daily and hourly limits also vary depending on the age of your Instagram account, your activity and number of followers. Basically, Instagram’s monitoring system is designed to penalise those that grow their account extremely quickly, favouring those who grow more sustainably to avoid profiles that don’t add any value.
What Is A Shadowban?
There has been a lot of controversy and misinformation surrounding Instagram’s shadowban, and once again, no one knows exactly how it works.
However, from experience, marketers have established that using spammy or blatantly salesy hashtags will cause you to get shadowbanned. This means that your followers will still see your posts, but posts will be blocked from being found by other people who don’t already follow you.
It goes without saying that this drastically limits engagement. It can be a bit tricky to test whether or not you’ve been shadowbanned, but you can ask someone who isn’t following you to search for you in the hashtag section. You would then post your content using your regular hashtags, and if that person can see your content by searching the relevant hashtags, you are still good to go.
What Does A Bot Actually Do?
Bots, in general, are applications that are designed to complete certain tasks. In the case of Instagram, you can program a bot to like posts, follow relevant profiles, and leave comments. While not technically considered as bots, Instagram growth marketing services can also be used to grow your following.
Both bots and growth marketing services are very helpful for those who are looking to grow their business quickly. This is because bots and online systems don’t have the same limitations that people do, and can complete a significantly higher number of tasks in a given time.
With this ability, they can get your profile seen by more people, more quickly. Ultimately, this increases your growth and engagement potential.
Is Using A Bot Going To Get Me Flagged?
The truth is that any kind of activity that goes against Instagram’s terms and conditions can get you flagged. Many people are scared to use bots because a lot of companies have been shut down. However, if you’re using a reputable provider and aren’t maliciously trying to cheat the system, you shouldn’t have a problem.