When you “like” something on Instagram, you hit that heart button. That’s the easy part.
But what if you want to find all those posts (photos and videos) that you liked? Now, this one’s a little tricky as the saved likes section in Instagram is actually hidden from plain sight.
But hey, we’re here to show you how and where you can go to see all those posts you liked on Instagram. And the good news is that you don’t need any third-party app for this task. Well, let’s get on with it, shall we?
Steps to Seeing What You Liked on Instagram
- Open your Instagram account.
- Go to your profile by clicking on the human icon.
- Tap on Settings (gear icon).
- Scroll down until you find the Account section and click on that. This will display all the posts you liked.
- Click on a post that you’d like to open.
- You can choose to view in thumbnails, grid or full feed option.
- The technique above only works for the Instagram app on your mobile device (not on the app’s web version).
- You can only access your 300 recently liked posts. If it’s more than that, the rest are gone (they can’t be found as of this writing).
- Posts you left comments on won’t automatically show in your liked list – you need to “like” the post if you want it to appear on your recently liked list under your Account section.
Top Reasons Why Liked Posts are Important
Having a way to retrieve your liked posts can actually serve a lot of purposes. Here are just some of the benefits of knowing how to find your liked posts on Instagram:
- If you’re looking for new accounts to follow, you can check out some of the posts you’ve liked to find some interesting accounts to follow.
- If you’ve liked a photo or video but didn’t have the time to read the long caption that went with it, you can always go back to the post through the liked section.
- You can add more comments to a liked post if you want to follow on the discussions about it.
- If you didn’t have the time to leave a comment on a photo or video that you liked, you can always go back to it at a later time to compose a meaningful comment.
- With your recently liked comments easily accessible, you have the option of revisiting a post to get more information about it or simply to go through all the other details you missed.
Seeing What You Liked on Instagram
Unlike other social networking sites where you can usually find your liked posts on the user profile, Instagram hides this function in the Account section of your Settings.
Do keep in mind that liking a photo or video on Instagram is not just a nod of approval to the owner of the post. This friendly gesture among IG users (even if you don’t know each other) has other uses.
Having the power to like gives you the ability to bookmark posts that you find interesting and useful (personally, professionally, or whatever). Thank goodness Instagram provides its users access to their recent 300 liked posts. Of course, we hope it could be more for the really eager likers like us.