You need to make your Shopify online store visible to the general public in order for it to make money (via sales). Traffic highly converts into sales, you know – that’s why we need them. Well, you’re in luck as we’ll show you 6 surefire ways on how to drive traffic to your Shopify online store.
Method 1 – Use Content Marketing
Content is king – and it will always help you drive traffic to your site. Keep the following things in mind when it comes to creating content for your Shopify store:
- You need to produce high quality, relevant, and useful information to attract the interest of your customers. So, it’s not just any content – they should be good content.
- Content can come in the form of articles, blog posts, videos, podcasts, social media campaigns, etc.
- You should create content that’s specifically targeted to your audience or niche.
- Regular publication of content not only builds authority but engagement with your customers as well.
- Create content that will be worth sharing to a wider audience.
- Be patient with content marketing as its effects are intended for long-term use.
Method 2 – Apply SEO
Through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, you can rank your site (or products) at the top (or at the first few pages) of search engines. Google is the most popular search engine today – that’s why people mostly search for things there (products, information, etc.). Still, other search engines like Yahoo and Bing are also effective in driving customers to your site (or store). While WooCommerce might be better for SEO out of the box, Shopify has stepped up their game to compete in this area.
Here are some things to remember as far as SEO is concerned:
- You can use Google’s Keyword Planner (it’s free) to search for keywords to rank for.
- The Google Keyword Planner can help you find out what particular keywords your competitors are using to drive traffic to their site.
- You need to know which keywords to focus on (for SEO) so that your customers can find you/ your Shopify store via search engines.
- Once you have a list of keywords (main and secondary), you can use them in creating your content, titles, meta descriptions, images, links, etc.
Method 3 – Use Social Media Platforms
You should pick a social media platform that can effectively boost your Shopify business. In today’s world, however, businesses (as well as people) are everywhere. So, it’s actually safe to assume that your presence in all popular social media platform is a must. Here are some tips to using social media in driving traffic to your Shopify store:
- Make sure that you have a Facebook page for your Shopify store as this platform is the most popular one we have today (2 billion users per month). You can use your Facebook page for special offers, promotions, and content.
- Do have a YouTube channel for your Shopify store. YouTube has a recorded audience of 30 million per day, you know. You can use your channel for product advice and relevant discussions about your niche.
- Have an Instagram account as it now has millions of active users per month.
- Add CTAs (call to action) to your social media content and tell your customers to click, like, buy, etc.
- You can add links to your social media account to drive traffic to your Shopify store or the product page.
Method 4 – Use Influencers
People with huge numbers of social media following are called influencers – and you need their help to drive traffic to your Shopify store. They can promote your site or products or both. Remember these tips:
- When popular bloggers mention you, your Company, your store, or your product – this can drive a huge amount of traffic to your Shopify store.
- Instagram Influencers have a lot of followers around the world. Their followers can also start following you and patronize your business.
- Influencers usually ask for some form of payment (money, free samples, etc.). It could also be that they would only agree to promote something that they believe in (something that’s not against their philosophy).
Method 5 – Pay for Social Media Ad Campaigns
Creating campaigns that are highly targeted to your particular audience will surely increase your click-through rate and sales. Keep these in mind:
- Facebook Ad campaigns are very effective in targeting users that will be interested in your products. The reason for this is that Facebook has a built-in system that records each user’s behavior, actions, interests, etc. If you want to know how to re-target visitors on facebook, here’s our guide on how to install a Facebook pixel on your Shopify store.
- You can also use Facebook Dynamic Ads – it works by automatically showing ads of previously visited products to users (to entice them to come back and buy the product).
- You can make use of Instagram Ads – this is Instagram’s advertising platform. Also, keep in mind that Instagram is pretty popular with Millennials – therefore, if they’re your targeted audience, Instagram Ads is the way to go.
- Do have a Pinterest account and use Pinterest’s Promoted Pins (paid advertising). This will put your pins on top of searches to catch your audience’s attention. Note that Pinterest is popular for DIYs, crafts, fashion, home decor, etc. If your target customers are interested in those, Pinterest is a good avenue to place ads in.
Method 6 – Have Contests, Prizes, and Giveaways
Needless to say, contests, prizes, and giveaways will excite people from all walks of life. By creating a concept that will appeal to your targeted audience, this will surely drive traffic to your Shopify site or online store.
Here are some things to take note of:
- You can offer prizes to potential customers in exchange for their participation in a contest or survey.
- You can include new and old customers (they’re all potential buyers).
- You can ask your audience to share your contest mechanics as a method of entering your contest.
- Once people are already on your Shopify site or store, you can use other techniques to benefit from them (by adding links to products or asking for their emails).
Driving Traffic to Your Shopify Store
If you’re new to selling online, we suggest focusing on driving traffic to your Shopify site or online store first. We already showed you the many different ways on how to do this in this post, right?
Keep in mind that brand awareness is a great factor for getting continuous traffic to your site as well as loyal customers. Traffic can convert into paying customers – and we all want that.