Gone are the days when the standard format for Instagram Bio is left aligned. Today, centered Bios are in and they actually look better than the old style. Aside from being an eye-catcher, centered Bios are able to present your message and keywords more clearly.
Indeed, aesthetics are the main reason why Instagram users now prefer having centered Bios. Well, while centering Bios are visually appealing and will make your profile stand out, it’s not always the best choice (yes, there exceptions).
In this post, we’ll show you how you can center your Instagram Bio. You see, Instagram has put a limit as to how far you can customize your profile. However, with all the limitations, you can still manage to be creative by following our tips in this post.
How to Center You Instagram Profile Bio
Ok, as Instagram doesn’t have a text editor for creating a centered Bio, the whole process can be a bit tricky. It’s doable, nonetheless, as you can use the blank spaces on your allotted space to create a centered look. It’s really easy – just follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram account on your desktop computer. While you can also use your mobile device for the purpose of centering your profile Bio, using the web version is just so much easier than using the app.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Copy the spaces between the arrows by selecting the spaces. It looks something like this: > <<
Note: Remember, don’t include the arrows.
- Now paste the spaces on your Instagram Bio text field. Place the spaces before all the lines of your message.
Note: Should you find (upon checking) that the line texts on your Bio are not perfectly centered, you can go back to the Edit Profile section and just add or remove spaces (as needed).
Here are some bonus tips for you:
- Always save your work after editing so that you can view and check how it actually looks like.
- When checking, it would be a good idea to view your Instagram Bio on both your desktop and mobile device.
- It’s not always advisable to center your Bio. While centered bios are able to display contact information effectively, Bios with a lot of text (long messages) won’t look very good in this format.
- Keep your Bio message short. Keep in mind that Instagram has set a limit of 160 characters for each user’s Profile Bio – and that includes the spaces.
- Don’t be dismayed if you find that the desktop version of your Instagram Bio is not as pretty as when you view it on your mobile device. Yes, sometimes this happens. However, Instagram is actually made for mobile use as its main audience mostly use their smartphones to access the platform. So, as long your Bio looks good on your mobile device, you’re fine.
- You can add line breaks on your Bio texts by hitting the return button on your computer device.
Creating a Great Looking Instagram Bio
Centering your profile Bio on Instagram really does sound exciting, doesn’t it? Yeah, give it a try and see how it looks like with your own message. Just remember that at the end of the day, your goal is to have a great Instagram Bio in general – and that content is more important than aesthetics.