Are you looking for a way to cancel, pause, or deactivate your Shopify account? You can choose to stop your site/ store operation permanently or temporarily by following the steps we’ll show you in this post.
Steps to Cancel Your Shopify
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Go to Admin.
- Click Settings.
- Click Account.
- Scroll down until you see the Cancel or Pause Your Store option, then click on that.
- Click on Close My Store under the Want to Close Your Store menu.
- Click on Close Store button. At this point, you will notice that Shopify is giving you a lot of opportunities to think about it (if you really want to close your online store). Shopify will also show you options on how to get in touch with them – and you should, if you’re just feeling lost or confused about your account (Shopify people are very helpful, you see). Now, if you’re still decided on canceling your account, just proceed with the steps. It would also help Shopify understand you better (and why you’re choosing to pause your store) by clicking on one of the reasons on their dropdown menu.
- Again, click Close Store.
- Finally, confirm your action by clicking Close.
Canceling and Returning to Shopify
We told you, it’s very easy to cancel your Shopify account if you really want to (no hard feelings from the folks back there). The good news is that it’s just as easy to return to Shopify and to your online store – should you ever decide to do so.
To reopen your store (and account), simply login to your account (using the same credentials). You might need to subscribe to a plan again if your subscription has already ended (this is one advantage of using Woocommerce over Shopify btw). You can then return to your store and start selling stuff once more. Really, it takes the hassle of starting from scratch all over again. Of course, if you want to create a new account and open a new online store instead, you can do that as well.