The Facebook Pixel is a tool that gathers data on how your customers and visitors behave while on your site. Installing it to your Shopify store will help you understand its traffic and customer behavior.
Using a Facebook Pixel is great for effectively planning your Ad campaigns (so you should use this no matter if you use Shopify or Woocommerce). Facebook has a way of analyzing user behavior based on their Facebook activities – and this information can convert your site visitors into buying customers.
If you’re using Shopify as the platform for your online store, it would be great to add Facebook Pixel on it. We’ll tell you more about it in this post.
How to Install Facebook Pixel to Your Shopify Store
- Set up a Facebook Ads account
For this step, do these:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Click Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click Pixel to Create Ad.
- Click Create a Pixel.
- Give the Facebook Pixel a name (it could be your store’s name).
- Click Create and your Facebook Pixel ID will be ready in a few seconds.
- Open your Shopify account.
- Go to Admin.
- Click Online Store.
- Click Preferences.
- Look for the Facebook Pixel area and input your Facebook Pixel ID.
- Click Save and you’re done.
You can now see your Shopify store’s data in your Facebook Ads Manager (as soon as there are customer activities in your store).
Facebook Pixel Standard Events List
Facebook Pixel counts as an event every little action performed on your store (by your site visitors and customers). Here are some of them:
- Search – Typing of keywords and products searched on your store.
- Add to Cart – Facebook Pixel takes note when a customer adds a product to his or her cart.
- Add to Wishlist – It’s also noted every time someone adds a product to one’s Wishlist.
- View Content – Facebook Pixel counts a visitor’s page visit (e.g. when he or she visits a page or a product in your online store).
- Add Payment Information – Facebook Pixel takes note of when customers enter their payment information at the checkout section.
- Initiate Checkout – As soon as a customer hits that checkout button, Facebook Pixel counts this action.
- Purchase – Facebook Pixel records completed purchases (a Thank You note is viewed at this point).
- Complete Registration – Clicking on the signup button and completion of all the needed details on the registration form.
- Lead – Clicking on the signup button is recorded and considered a lead.
Adding Facebook Pixel to Your Shopify Account
Having both Shopify and Facebook on your corner will certainly increase your chances of success (more sales) on your online store. When these two popular platforms are integrated with each other, more targeted customers will visit your shop and most probably complete their purchases.