As themes define the overall look and feel of a website, you might want to find out what particular theme a good-looking site is using. Themes are customizable anyway, so you really won’t end up with the same-looking website. That being said, if you want to create an e-commerce store with almost infinite design possibilities, you might want to check out WooCommerce, we created a handy Shopify vs WooCommerce comparison in case you’re wondering which platform to go with. You can also go with the paid versions of Shopify, called Shopify Plus for more options.
In this post, we’ll show you 4 different ways on how to find out what Shopify theme a website is using.
Method 1 – Option to View Page Source
For this method, follow these steps:
- Go to the particular Shopify site.
- Find a spot anywhere on the page and right-click on it.
- Click View Page Source.
- Click on the Search box.
- Enter this: Shopify.theme
Note: After the last step, you will see the Shopify site’s theme name. You’ll find it under Name.
Method 2 – Option to Inspect Element
To use this method, perform these steps:
- Go to the Shopify website.
- Right-click anywhere on the page.
- Click Inspect Element.
- Look for the very first script code/ tag and click on it.
Note: After the last step, the script code/ tag will expand and you will be able to view the Shopify website’s theme name.
Method 3 – Option to Use Developer Tools
To use this method, do these steps:
- Go to the Shopify site.
- Open the Developer Tools in Chrome. PC users can press F12 while Mac users can click on cmd + opt + i simultaneously.
- In the search box, type in: theme
Note: After the last step, you will see the name of the Shopify theme.
Method 4 – Option to Use an Online Tool
There are several online tools that you can use to quickly find out what theme a particular Shopify site is using. Just search for one by using keywords such as: what Shopify theme tool, Shopify tool theme detect, etc. In general, you only need to do the following steps when using such tools:
- Go to the online tool’s site.
- Input the particular Shopify site’s URL in the blank field.
Note: After the last step, the site tool will show you the name of the theme that the Shopify site is using.
Finding Out What Shopify Theme a Site is Using
With all the methods we showed you above, you can choose the option that you’re most comfortable with. Go ahead and try one now!